Pageviews past week

The cold world of skimo & alpine climbing

The cold world of skimo & alpine climbing

Monday, October 17, 2011

A new double boot liner from Palau?

This from fellow climber Eduardo Vieira in Portugal:


"I came upon a reference to Palau liners on your blog a while ago while browsing the web looking for replacement liners for my Koflach Arctis Expe's.  I had tried buying a pair of Intuition Denali liners, but I got the sizing wrong and they ended up unusable and it was awful trouble to order them and have them shipped to Portugal. Not to mention that they do not come cheap here in Europe Now I contacted Palau about purchasing a pair of OVPM liners (cheaper and easier to buy than Intuitions in Europe) and they told me that they are going to sell a new liner, adapted to mountain boot shells and still cheaper than Intuitions. About the price of the OVPM's.

Enjoy,

Eduardo Vieira"

Thanks again Eduardo  I am very interested in these as I am thinking about trying a much smaller Spantik shell with a thinner custom liner that is easily molded to lower the over all volume of the actual boot.   A tongue in place and a Velcro closure should be exactly what is required for my project.






From: palau@ets-palau.fr
Date: 17 October 2011 07:13
Subject: RE: OVPM Liner
To: Eduardo Vieira
Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for your request,
First I confirm you that it is not a problem for us to provide OVPM liner in
280 MP.

These liners are quite thick (10 mm) but can be adapt to your needs. We are actually working on a specific Mountaineering liner fitting specially Koflach, Scarpa Phantom, La Sportiva High mountain boots Etc..

You can check the attached item. Available in 10, 8 or 7 mm with an extra comfortable foam for high cuff.
This liner will be sale on our web site probably end of this month. Shipping costs for Portugal are about 15 Eur. I keep in touch with you and add by the way the size 280 to our store.

Best regards,
Frédéric
Eduardo Vieira [mailto:edthelizzard@gmail.com]
 palau@ets-palau.fr



Hello,
I am looking to replace the stock liners on my Koflach Arctis Expe Boots. Came upon your website due to a reference in the Cold Thistle english blog.  I browsed the models and am contacting you to inquire if you don´t make the OVPM liners in size 28 (they are only listed up to size 27).  I compared them to the Ultra Light liner (which you recommend for use with  mountaineering boots) and the OVPM are cheaper, thicker (I am thinking about returning to Denali a third time), reinforced and about the same height (which is not a problem for me). If you do make them in size 28 how do I order them. Also what is the shipping cost to Portugal.
Thank you.
Eduardo Vieira

1 comment:

Daniel Harro said...

I really like the Palau linnets for my Spantik seems like a grat upgrade from the Spantik liner.